Sunday 27 November 2011

3rd year Design Seminars

I really found the 3rd year seminar that I watched very interesting.  There was such a range of themes such as; tribal, cocktails, nature, mystic, romantic, light in the darkness, hope, architecture and much more. There was a lot of print students in this seminar so I did find it a bit repetitive and would have liked to have seen more knitters and weavers.  I learnt new things about how to present my work and also what the tutors where looking for. I got new ideas for my own work like more mark making and different types of medias for my visual studies.  Market research is a huge thing to focus on so I am going to look at WGSN as a lot of the students had researched this company. I want to use everything in my inspiration and the 3rd year students even used postcards and jewellery as inspiration. Because I will be focusing on a product field I need to choose something that has a big product selling point, and my theme must stand out and the colours must work for people to go wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment